The LakeViz Content Map was developed as a resource for the developers and practitioners creating learning materials for visitors and the public. The map articulates key ideas and drives all educational products from this project including visualizations, tabletops and media interactives, media and websites.
- Yalowitz, Steven (2010). Research Study for Visualization as a Tool in Informal Science Education at Lake Tahoe (UC Davis, TERC). [Institute for Learning Innovation] UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center.
BLOGS and Team Member Resources
- LHS Created Lake Resources
- ECHO Created Lake Resources
- Oliver Kreylos “Doc-Ok Blog: A developer’s perspective on immersive 3D computer graphics”
- UC Davis Keck CAVE Education
- “Interactive 3D Visualization of the Great Lakes of the World (GLOW) as a Tool to Facilitate Informal Science Education” presented at the 2013 AGU Fall Meeting
- “3D Visualization of Lake Environments to Improve Learning in Informal Science Settings” presented at the Geological Society of America, 2012.
- Advisory Board Intro Presentation – November 14, 2011
- Poster presented at the CAISE Informal Science Education PI Meeting 2012
March 14-16, Washington, D.C. (1.3 MB)
Related Learning Resources
- DiscoverWater.org is home to Discover Water: The Role of Water in Our Lives, a fun resource about water and water related topics including: water on Earth, the water cycle, ocean, fresh water, watersheds, water conservation and protection, direct and indirect water use and water and health. Kids love the interactive games and activities and educators love the Educator Resources-printable science notebooking pages, classroom activities, assessments, standard correlations and more
- A Global Water Story: “At the premier event for the Worldviews Network, audiences across the United States plunged into a national conversation about local and global water issues using the immersive technology of Denver’s Gates Planetarium…. explore A Global Water Story in this 8 minute recorded Google Earth tour.”